0x80004005 error in Microsoft Outlook, in the most number of cases, occurs if you’re having Norton Antivirus with script blocking feature enabled.
Error usually happens when trying to send new emails, while receiving them rarely causes this problem.
While getting 0x80004005 error in Outlook, sending/receiving emails in online version works normally.
If you’re experiencing this error under entirely different circumstances, click HERE to see the list of all possible scenarios including 0x80004005 error code.
Descriptions for Outlook 0x80004005 error:
- Task ‘Hotmail’ reported error (0x80004005) : ‘Network operation failed’
- Task ‘Hotmail’ reported error (0x8004102A) ; ‘Error with Send/Receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. The network connection is unavailable or interrupted. Please try again later.’
- Task ‘Hotmail’ reported error (0x8004103A) : ‘Synchronization error.’
- There are too many devices syncing with this account. SyncStatus: 177. Error Code: 0x80004005
- Task ‘SharePoint’reported error (0x80004005): ‘Outlook cannot connect to the SharePoint List’
- Task ‘SharePoint’reported error (0x80004005): ‘An error occured either in Outlook or SharePoint. Contact the SharePoint site administrator.’
- Task ‘SharePoint’reported error (0x80004005): ‘Failed to copy one or more items. For details, see the log file.’
This problems may occur with all actual versions of Microsoft Outlook including Office Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2016.
How to fix 0x80004005 error in Microsoft Outlook?
The solution for 0x80004005 error in Microsoft Outlook is to uninstall Norton antivirus or at least disable script blocking feature within program’s preferences.